Another Thursday

This past week has been packed with birthdays - shout out to Julie - and holidays. In all its been really good. I've realized that I'm an old lady on many occassions but here are the top three:

1. When it's 9pm on a tuesday and the neighbor kids are playing loudly. Naturally, I'm totally annoyed, because I'm old, but I am happy when David yells at them to "shut up and go to bed" (at least I'm not old alone).

2. I'm potty training my son and he thinks that the precurser to wiping your tush is blowing your nose...that's all me baby.

3. I've started spying on the neighbors with the lights out, just waiting to find out which punk kid is lighting firecrackers so that I can call the cops.

The last one really hit me and I quickly realized how much like my grandmother I was acting. If that wasn't a wake up call I don't know what is.

Aside from realizing my advancing age I've begun to realize that regardless of the effort I put into eating well and exercising I will never have my 20 year old body back. Although this is a no brainer it's sadly come as a shock to me. I will be forever 20 in my mind. or 16. Last night as I was scrolling the TV for something to watch I ended up on the Disney channel. And that's just the beginning. I found myself ingrossed in Wizards of Waverly Place. Now it gets worse, David had a show he wanted to watch so I made him record Wizards. YES RECORD!! I'm shamefully looking forward to watching it today.

This is like publically going to confession. I feel lighter. Thanks for reading.

Comments

Johanna said…
I love your notebook, I love your notebook, I love your notebook!! More, please.

No worries about the Disney Channel. I always find myself not being able to find the rmeote control when crap is on (Desperete Housewives of anywhere and such)...
i personally love #3. craig and i do it all the time...well at least we USED to do it. all our neighbors were renters and they have moved out.
jules hanna said…
You're only as old as you feel and personally I don't think you feel that old. You don't complain about your joints, indigestion, gas or bad vision......yet. :)

Popular Posts