Nearly a year ago I was down, way down. My life wasn't going in the direction I wanted at all and I had only myself to blame. So rather than throw myself a pity party (of which I am particularly good) I made a list of things that I thought I might be interested in doing with the promise of doing them by the time I reach 40.

Now I am ready for another change, a new direction of sorts. For the past few months I haven't been very satisfied with this blog and then it hit me..it needed to change with me.

A seed had been planted and now that seed is growing.

Below is the list I made before my 36th birthday (anything with an asterisk following it I've accomplished):

1. Learn to play 1 song on the guitar
2. Learn to make croissants *
3. Paddle board
4. Rock wall climb *
5. Benihana *
6. Go to Confession *
7. Indoor sky dive
8. Do yoga for 20 consecutive days *
9. Learn to meditate properly (and do it) *
10. Go wine tasting
11. Ride a Vespa
12. See a movie at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery
13. Run (and walk) a marathon for a cause
14. Take a cooking class
15. Fly alone
16. Go on a spiritual retreat *
17. Snowboard
18. Karaoke
19. Skinny dip*
20. Write something for publication*
21. Knit a scarf
22.Go on a river rafting trip
23.Swim under a waterfall
24. Throw a great party *
25. Go dancing until the wee hours of the morning
26. Learn to samba
27. Take a helicopter ride
28. Ride a mechanical bull
29. Attend a comedy show
30.Learn to make pottery/ sculpt
31. Fly a kite*
32. Learn a language
33. Visit a psychic
34. Attend a Concert*
35. Trace my ancestry
36. Get remarried by Elvis in Vegas
37. Start a business or find a career path*
38. Volunteer
39. Read the bible
40. Own a home


For consideration:

train a healing dog
make a documentary
have a past life regression
create some type of helping organization
zipline
go down the grand canyon
visit Bryce and Zion
go to a jazz club in Chicago
revisit my old college

Some things I've always been curious about, some I've done before and really enjoyed...however it made the list isn't important. What is important is that I'm getting off the couch and recreating a life I enjoy.

Comments

Johanna said…
I like this new blog -and the fact that you kept all your previous posts! Looking forward to knowing how the blog develops.

Love the list... and the fact that you've done so much already!

Popular Posts