Getting out in nature is a great way to get your creative juices flowing. It's also a great way to just spend some time with your own thoughts. So, here are 5 ideas to getting outside and being with yourself:
1. Take a walk. Even a short walk around the block is refreshing. You'll feel even better if you can get to a nature trail or the beach!
2. Go for a swim. Swimming is extremely meditative, just you and the water.
3. Get out in the snow. Ski, snowboard, snowshoe...whatever the option get out and enjoy the white stuff. Being connected to the seasons helps connect you to the cycle of the planet and yourself. It sounds hokey but commune with nature.
4. Ride a bike. Even in a group this is a great way to get out to unwind your mind and enjoy your surroundings.
5. Take your yoga or meditation practice outside. If you feel too self conscious doing it in a public area just head to your backyard or patio. The fresh air on your face and the sun on your body will invigorate your practice.