its crunch time

I am officially 2 weeks away from my scheduled c-section. This in and of itself is freaking me out but anyway this post is less about my rising anxiety and more about how I'm preparing (or not preparing) for the upcoming event.

Yesterday my mother-in-law asked me if I'd packed my bag yet. Seriously, hadn't given it a thought. While I was still fumbling over the correct words to come spilling out of my mouth she offered to come down the night before so that she could take care of my son on that day. She needed to slow down because my brain isn't working fast enough to deflect her advances with the Wonder Woman speed I've become accustomed to. The questions kept coming and I sadly kept fumbling. When she had finally finished and my answers had clearly left her astonished her reply was "well, you really need to be thinking about these things" What the...? I love my mother-in-law, she's a really nice lady but sometimes she can push just a little more than I'm comfortable with.

But it did get me thinking, what have I been thinking about? Well, I've been thinking about spending time with my friends before I become a recluse for the next 2 months, taking some naps, planning out what we're going to eat in the future and tonight for dinner, getting MY mom to come and help out, and working out a schedule that I think will work for both my husband and I.

I've also spent an inappropriate amount of time thinking about fall fashion. I'm thinking it's mainly because I've been stuffed into the same yoga pants for months now and well, let's be honest, I'll be stuffed into them for the next few months after the baby comes.

Comments

Johanna said…
Yoga pants are awesome. As a matter of fact I'm wearing my preggo yoga pants right now. Um, yup. I'm not ashamed. Ok maybe a little.

I know that the last 2 weeks are really stressful but... your MIL has a point. Prepare your bags and figure out who's going to care for Fab. Also someone in OC should create a meal train for you so that people bring meals to you guys. Also they should set up a schedule to care for Fab some days. I know that it's easy for me to say that from Seattle but... I'd set that up stat if I were down there :)

Anyway, good luck getting ready. Breathe, sleep, (pee 101 times a day. What TMI?), and did I say breathe?

Popular Posts